A Strong And Effective Defense
Against Corruption Charges
In the glare of the public spotlight, allegations of corruption on the part of an elected official, misuse of pension funds or self-dealing by a fund manager, abusive tactics on the part of a police officer to coerce a confession, or bribery on the part of a government employee can take on a life of their own.
Charges of “misconduct in office” have been brought against city officials in Detroit but also against mayors in small towns, and employees in municipal and county offices facing charges of corruption in the issuance of government contracts. If you’ve been accused of corruption, contact the Law Office of John Freeman for trial-tested defense representation from an attorney with more than 25 years of legal experience.
Examples Of Illegal Corruption And Corrupt Acts
we defend public officials and employees facing Michigan criminal charges for “misconduct in office,” and the charges that frequently accompany this corruption charge, such as:
- Bribing a public officer or accepting a bribe as a public officer
- Bribing or attempting to bribe someone in a certain profession or role to sway their official position. A partial list of examples includes administrators, commissioners, trustees, appraisers, and auditors.
- Accepting bribe as a juror or as someone in one of the positions noted above
- Bribing an athlete to “throw the game” (lose on purpose), or accepting a bribe as an athlete for this purpose
- Attempting to intimidate a juror or retaliating against them for their performing their duties as a juror
- Attempting to bribe or intimidate a witness who will is or will be testifying in an official proceeding
- Misappropriation of funds
- Money laundering
- Accepting kickbacks
- Police misconduct, including accepting bribes
- Election fraud
- Conspiracy to commit any of the offenses above
We are aggressive, dynamic legal advocates determined to prevail on behalf of our clients in court against charges of bribery, conspiracy, election fraud or corruption in Michigan criminal court.
An Experienced Detroit Corruption Charges Lawyer
During his tenure with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Michigan, Mr. Freeman prosecuted numerous cases involving white-collar criminal charges, money laundering and other serious felonies. In that role and as a criminal defense attorney, he has appeared before nearly all of the United States District Court judges in the Eastern District of Michigan, and before the Sixth Circuit United States Court of Appeals.
Mr. Freeman’s criminal defense philosophy in every case is simple — build a strong and effective defense designed to protect his client’s rights and obtain the best outcome possible.
A Confident And Media-Savvy Defense Attorney
John Freeman is often asked by Detroit area news media to comment on high-profile corruption and criminal cases. He has a natural confidence and speaks with authority in both informal and courtroom settings. While working to provide a strong defense in public corruption cases, Mr. Freeman also pays attention to the public relations aspects of charges involving public figures. If this is a consideration in your case, you can be assured that John Freeman will handle media relations with tact and good judgment.
Your defense effort will never be compromised by such considerations, however. The Law Office of John Freeman will be committed to achieving a successful outcome in your case.
Contact Us Today If Charged With Bribery, Conspiracy or Election Fraud
For a free initial phone consultation with the Law Office of John Freeman, call 248-250-9950 or send us an e-mail. In an emergency, call 313-330-2653 at any time of day.